Warning: While there is little to no risk in damaging your phone during this process, proceed at your own risk as we are not responsible for any issues that may occur with your device. Now, before we proceed, this will only work as long as you have Jelly Bean 4.1 and above. If you do have it, then heres what you need to do:
- Download the following file launcher4.4.zip.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file and youll have 3 APKs inside GoogleHome.apk, PrebuiltGmsCore.apk and Velvet.apk.
- Next, transfer all the APKs to your phone. You can place them in the root or create a new folder for them, doesnt matter.
- Use a file manager to browse to these APKs from your phone and install them in this order PrebuiltGmsCore.apk, Velvet.apk and GoogleHome.apk. All these files have to be installed in order for the launcher and Google Now to work correctly.
- Now, simply select the launcher by pressing the Home button and youre all set.
We tried this on the HTC One and it worked just fine. We had an issue while installing the first file, PrebuiltGmsCore.apk. In case youre unable to install this, simply go to Apps and uninstall the updates to Google Play Services. Now try installing the APK and it should install just fine. After this, you can proceed to install the other APKs. Youll probably have to enable Google Now after this as it wasnt enabled by default when we tried it. To do this, simply search for anything in using the search bar on the home screen, then scroll down and go to settings to enable Google Now. If youre facing any issues or have any queries, feel free to voice them below. You can also browse through the XDA thread for answers.